Sunday, May 5, 2024

Psalm Meditation 1247 ¶Seventh Sunday of Easter ¶May 12, 2024 ¶Psalm 107 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm+107&version=NRSVUE (NRSVUE) ¶When it is most needed, prayer can seem to be pointless. Things are so bad, how could saying them out loud make them better. I am convinced that prayer does not really get God to act in our situation so much as it opens our eyes to the ways that God is already active in our lives. Prayer does not always change things around me as it changes what is going on inside me. As I am attentive to the presence of God, I become open to the options that lie before me in a given situation. ¶When I know that I am not alone because God is with me, I can relax at least a little. Feeling a little more calm, with the assurance of God’s presence, I can see more options from which to choose. I can find the way to other people, I can find light in darkness, freedom in captivity, healing in the midst of illness, quiet in the midst of storms, and sustenance in times of drought. ¶Using the definition of a miracle as something that makes us aware of God’s presence, God often uses ordinary means to produce those miracles. When our hearts and minds are open to the presence of God, we can see all the miraculous ways in which God is present in and among us. “Let those who are wise pay attention to these things and consider the steadfast love of the Lord.” ¶May 5, 2024 ¶LCM

No comments:

Post a Comment